This past week may not be one of the best weeks in my whole life, but it has been my best blogging week ever. As this is my blog, it felt only right to share it with you. Here are the top reasons why I had my best week ever:
5. I won a 200GBP voucher to John Lewis. For those of you who aren’t from the UK, John Lewis is an awesome department store that has a little bit of everything. P&G and Mumsnet asked bloggers to contribute their worst clean-up disaster story. I recounted the time the kids mopped the bathroom with used toilet paper. Apparently my true sob story was pitiful enough to earn me a cool 200 quid. WooHoo!
4. I booked 4 (FOUR!) sponsored posts for my blogs. Just so we are clear, that is exactly 4 more than I had ever booked before. Best of all, the sponsors weren’t online gambling sites, but were instead companies that I know and love. It only took me 80 posts (i.e. 80 nights of sweating bullets over my keyboard hoping for some inspiration) to finally manage to monetise my blog. WooHoo again!
3. Nomad Papa came home. I’m sure you are saying, “Well, duh.” Well, not duh right back at you. Nomad Papa booked 8 solid weeks of back to back trips in August and September. He was gone so much that the kids stopped asking when he was coming back. But he finally finished up the last trip and made it back home to help out. Obviously, he stretched out the bedtime routine an extra half-hour the first night and threw his hands in the air when tasked with getting the kids dressed the next morning, making me wish he was gone again. But such is life. Theoretically he is here and ready to pitch in. We’ll see. Just in case he does help out, I’ll go ahead and say WooHoo!
2. I won something else!! Winning two things in the same week that weren’t decided by my mother has pretty much never happened before. So it is a BFD (big effing deal for you non-American speakers). I finished #4 in the Circle of Moms Top 25 European Mom Blogs and got a shiny new image for my sidebar. Many of you may have wondered why I hassled the crap out of your to go and vote on a daily basis. To you I say, see #4 above. I don’t think that it is an accident that sponsors started contacting me right when I started to do well in the competition. So WooHoo and thank you to everyone who voted (and those of you who didn’t but meant to…that still counts). Thanks for helping me win and helping me monetise my blog at the same time.
and last, but certainly not least,
1. You read this. You spent some of your precious free minutes to click on over and see why this week mattered to me. And that means more than you will ever know. I so totally care! Every time you click a link, every comment (here, on facebook or twitter), every like and every share make my day. So please keep them coming.
And that is it. That is all it takes to make me have my best blogging week ever. Thanks so much for playing such a huge part in it!